Hi guys, this was made impromptu, but I have been told it tasted pretty good! But hey, who can say no to chorizo? And as I’ve pointed out this evening, you can’t go wrong with chorizo!
Chorizo stew: Really, I have no better name for this. Literally. I was trying to impress by the name, but all I could come up with was, “chorizo onion, capsicum, tomato garbanzo bean stew…” ‘Nick, are you just naming things that you see in the pot?’ “No…”
Ingredients: 500g chorizo, diced
5 garlic cloves, diced
2 onions, sliced
2 capsicums, sliced
2 tsp chili flakes
200g baby spinach
800g tomato, diced
800g garbanzo beans
2 tbsp basil
- In a big pot, cook the onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add in the capsicum, chili and garlic. Mix well
- Add in the chorizo, mix well.
- Add in the garbanzo beans, basil and tomatoes. Mix well. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the spinach mix well until wilted.
- Serve on rice!