Hi guys, I hope you all had a good Canada Day and 4th of July weekend!
Bacon Shrimp and Corn Chowder: As I’ve explained in a previous post on chowder, this is a vegetable or seafood stew served with cream. I added penne in the recipe to make it more hearty (and because I felt like it). Of course, the pasta is an option you can omit if you wish.
Ingredients: 500g bacon, diced
2 onions, diced
1 capsicum, diced
500g baby potatoes, diced
500g corn kernels
4 cups chicken stock
6 cups milk
1 cup cream
1. In a large pot, cook up the bacon in it’s fat and set aside.
2. In the same pot, cook the onions and capsicum until soft.
3. Add in the chicken stock, penne, corn and potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. In a pan, cook up the shrimp and set aside.
5. Add in the shrimp and bacon into the pot, mix well.
6. Stir in the milk and cream.