Hi guys, I just got back from Cambodia (as you can see from the previous post). I wanted to do something quick and hearty, as well as something far from Khmer curry as possible as that’s all I’ve eaten the past week!
Maple Bacon and Sundried Tomato Ragu: Well this can be on top of rice (as I’m doing), or can be on top of noodles. I love maple bacon, especially if I cook it just the way I want it, with dark maple syrup!
Ingredients: 200g bacon, chopped
2 tbsp dark maple syrup
1 onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, diced
4 bay leaves
1kg ground beef
1/3 cup tomato paste
2 cups water
10 pieces sundried tomatoes
1. In a large pan, fry up the bacon until browned, add in the maple syrup and mix well.
2. Add in the onion, garlic and bay leaves and brown.
3. Add in the ground beef, and brown.
4. Add in the tomato paste and water, bring to a simmer.
5. Add in the sundried tomatoes, simmer for 40 minutes.